• American Psychiatric Association. The Principles of Medical Ethics With Annotations Especially Applicable to Psychiatry. 2010.
• American Medical Association. AMA Policy: Professionalism in the Use of Social Media. 2010.
• Federation of State Medical Boards. Model Policy Guidelines for the Appropriate Use of Social Media and Social Networking in Medical Practice.
• International Society for Mental Health Online and the Psychiatric Society for Informatics (2000). ISMHO/PSI suggested principles of professional ethics for the online provision of mental health services.
• Health On the Net Foundation (1997). Health on the Net code of conduct (HONcode) for medical and health Web sites.
• Snyder L; American College of Physicians Ethics, Professionalism, and Human Rights Committee. American College of Physicians Ethics Manual: sixth edition. Ann Intern Med. 2012;156(1, pt 2):73-104.