PER DIEM PHYSICIAN ADVISOR, CA
The Beacon CBHM, LLC (BCBHM) Physician Advisor is an independent contractor who is responsible for conducting telephonic peer reviews for utilization management of psychiatric and substance abuse admissions. S/he works closely with the BCBHM Medical Director and Director of Intensive Services to ensure utilization management decisions are timely and meet the appropriate clinical level of care criteria. As needed provides clinical supervision and training to UM Coordinators. Position is a minimum of 10 hours per work.
• Conducts telephonic clinical peer reviews with BCBHM clinicians
• Facilitates clinical discussion with providers for reconsiderations
• As needed leads and participates in clinical rounds to highlight best practice and improvements
• In conjunction with utilization management staff, develops clinical trainings and education for clinicians to promote development of solid clinical judgment
• Fosters collegial relationships with provider and other organizations
• Current, valid and unrestricted CA medical license, with proof prior to hire
• Board Certified in Psychiatry
• Clinically active MD (or DO) with six years experience
• Managed care experience
• Ability to use Electronic Medical Record system for data entry
• Flexibility with scheduling
• Familiarity with Medi-Cal rules and regulations applicable to the provision of Specialty Mental Health Services and medical necessity criteria as defined by California Code of Regulations (CCR) Title IX , Article 2, Section 1830.205.
Position is located in Cerritos, CA with the option of telecommuting.
Please send current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org