Resources for Professionals and Patients
- The Guttmacher Institute: provides up-to-date information about abortion laws and statistics in the United States and all over the world.
- National Advocates for Pregnant Women: provides support and information for the public and pregnant women, whether they intend to abort or not; information about criminal cases against pregnant women; and advocacy.
- Physicians for Reproductive Health: a group of clinicians who use evidence, training, and organized action to champion health care rights (I am a past member of the board).
- American Civil Liberties Union: provides information about legal challenges to abortion restrictions.
- Planned Parenthood: provides access to care and resources.
- Grossman D, Perritt J, Grady D. The impending crisis of access to safe abortion care in the US [published online ahead of print, 2022 Jun 23]. JAMA Intern Med. 2022;10.1001/jamainternmed.2022.2893.
- This article includes a list of organizations that help patients find abortion care in a wide variety of ways.