Check out instructions for how to make your own Three Line Model!
Learn more about how to use this model here.
The following is a template for making a sliding version of the Three Line model. The size is such that printing on standard printer paper should yield a final product of about 4 by 6 inches.
1. Cut out the outlined shapes.
2. For piece A, make slits along the bolded lines. Note that the shorter slits are designated slit set 1, and the longer slits are designated slit set 2.
3. For piece B, color the straight bottom line purple, including the parts that are jutting out.
4. For piece C, color this orange.
5. For piece D, cut out the sections inside the curved portions.
6. Flip piece B over and slide the loops from piece D though the slits, such that the colored side is in the same direction as the colored side of piece B.
7. Tape the 3 E pieces vertically, one in the center and one on either side of the loops (tape will go over the front side) to allow piece D to slide freely up and down through the slits.
8. Flip piece B back over. Slide the purple jutting portions though slit set 2 on piece A. Now fold over the overlap and tape to secure, such that piece B slides freely up and down in the slits.
9. Slide piece C into slit set 1 on piece A. Fold over the overlap and tape to secure, such that piece C slides freely up and down in the slits.