Sidebar. Assessing Resilience
There are a number of scales used to measure resilience. These include the Resilience Scale, with 25 items and 2 dimensions, and the Psychological Resilience Scale, with 3 dimensions and 19 items.
Here are some questions that can be used to assess resilience.
1. Why do you think you have lived such a long life?
2. What is your life philosophy?
3. How would you describe your relationships with your friends/family/neighbors?
4. What do you do when you face difficulties in your life?
5. What does being healthy mean to you?
6. How do you handle change in your life?
7. Are you satisfied with your life?
8. What are you proudest of?
9. Are there lessons to learn from life’s difficulties, or should we just “grin and bear it”?
10. Are there any benefits that come from stress?