View the slides in PDF format.
1. Sit DK, McGowan J, Wiltrout C, et al. Adjunctive bright light therapy for bipolar depression: a randomized double-blind placebo-controlled trial. Am J Psychiatry. 2017 Oct 3:appiajp201716101200. [Epub ahead of print]
3. Golden RN, Gaynes BN, Ekstrom RD, et al. The efficacy of light therapy in the treatment of mood disorders: a review and meta-analysis of the evidence. Am J Psychiatry, 2005;162(4):656-662.
4. Geoffroy PA, Bellivier F, Scott J, Etain B. Seasonality and bipolar disorder: a systematic review, from admission rates to seasonality of symptoms. J Affect Disord. 2014;168:210-223.
For further reading
• Phelps J. Light box therapy: a treatment for all seasons? Psychiatric Times. December 6, 2016. http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/bipolar-disorder/light-box-therapy-treatment-all-seasons. Accessed October 12, 2017.
• Phelps J. New zero-risk treatment for mania. Psychiatric Times. August 10, 2016. http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/bipolar-disorder/new-zero-risk-treatment-mania. Accessed October 12, 2017.