This table provides links to many valuable resources for child and adolescent psychiatry. A list of Web sites, books, organizations, and pivotal articles on ADHD and other topics.
• Children and Adults with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD) has chapters across the United States and provides information, support, parent training on ADHD and annual meeting www.chadd.org
• Attention Deficit Disorders Association (ADDA) provides resource information, such as for coaching and books www.add.org
• National Resources Center on AD/HD serves as clearinghouse for ADHD information www.help4adhd.org
• National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) has chapters across the United States and provides information, support, and annual meeting www.nami.org
• American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP): Facts for Families-ADHD www.aacap.org/galleries/FactsForFamilies/06_childrend_who_cant_pay_attention_adhd.pdf
• What is ADHD? www.aacap.org/cs/adhd_a_guide_for_families/what_is_adhd
• American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP): Facts for Families-Special Education www.aacap.org/galleries/FactsForFamilies/83_services_in_school_for_children_with_special_needs_what_parents_need_to_know.pdf
• ADHD Parents Medication Guide http://Parentsmedguide.org
• National Institute for Mental Health www.nimh.nih.gov
• Centers for Disease Control and Prevention www.cdc.gov
• Taking Charge of ADHD: The Complete Authoritative Guide for Parents Russell A. Barkley, The Guilford Press, New York, 2000
• Teenagers with ADD and ADHD: A Guide for Parents and Professionals Chris A. Zeigler Dendy, Woodbine House, Inc, Bethesda, Md, 2006
• Straight Talk about Psychiatric Medications for Kids, 3rd edition Timothy E. Wilens, The Guilford Press, New York, 2009
• Helping Parents, Youths and Teachers Understand Medications for Behavioral and Emotional Problems, 3rd edition Mina K. Dulcan, American Psychiatric Publishing, Inc, Washington, DC, 2007
• Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: A Handbook for Diagnosis and Treatment, 3rd edition Russell A. Barkley, The Guilford Press, New York, 2005
• Choosing the Right Treatment: What Families Need to Know About Evidence-Based Practices www.nami.org/Template.cfm?Section=child_and_teen_support&template=/ContentManagement/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentID=47656
• Practice parameter for the assessment and treatment of children and adolescents with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder www.aacap.org/galleries/PracticeParameters/JAACAP_ADHD_2007.pdf
• Evidence-based psychosocial treatments for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol. 2008;37:184-214.
• Multimodal Treatment Study of Children with ADHDArch Gen Psychiatry. 1999;56:1073-1086.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1999;56:1088-1096.
ADHD, attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder.